Are you using Google Drive for a long time and don’t know how to select multiple files in Google Drive? Here’s the solution for you to make the process easier.
Selecting multiple files in Google Drive will allow you to move, copy, or remove easily. People use the technique to save time as the system allows them to select many files at once.
In this guide, we’ll give you a practical guide on picking up so many files in GD from a browser and mobile device. After reading the guide, you’ll learn how to do the same thing on multiple devices.
Let’s move into the main content.
How To Select Multiple Files In Google Drive
In a browser, you can follow four methods to select multiple files. One is pressing Ctrl and then hitting the mouse cursor on the file you want to select. Make sure you’re holding the Ctrl button when selecting each file individually.
The second method is super easy. You need to open the folder and then use a keyboard shortcut: Ctrl + A. this is a Windows built-in all-item selecting feature that works perfectly on any browser or app supported on a Windows computer.
Let’s show you the same process in a practical mode below:
How to Select Multiple Files in Google Drive on Computer (Method 1)?
- Open a browser you like and type drive.google.com to access Google’s free platform.
- Log into your account by using your Gmail and password.
- Once you’re on the account page, you’ll be able to see all your created folders and files.
- Go to the folder where you want to select multiple files at once.
- Now, press your finger on the Ctrl button and select as many files as you want. However, you have to ensure that your finger is still on the Ctrl button.
- The more you hold the Ctrl button from your keyboard, the more file you can select at a time.
- Once your selection is completed, you can now move, copy, or delete the selected files based on your needs.
Select So Many Files at Once in Google Drive (Method 2):
- Access Google Drive either via the GD desktop application or a browser.
- Open the folder where you need to select multiple files.
- Look at your keyboard and press Ctrl + A. this computer shortcut will help you wrap up all the files in the particular folder to make them copyable, moveable, and even deletable.
- Look at the image. Once I pressed Ctrl + A from my keyboard, the action helped me select all the files in the folder and also Google showed me a message to notify me how many files were currently selected in the folder.
The Third Method To Select Multiple Files in Google Drive:
According to Google Support, users can now use the Shift button and use the Ctrl button to select files. All you need to do is press and hold the Shift button and select files.
Each file you select while holding the Shift button will be selected. After selecting them, you can do multiple things like copy, delete, and even move them to another folder.
How do you select multiple files to delete on Google Drive?
Knowing how to select multiple files to delete any files on Google Drive will help you remove many files without a short time as you’ll do the complete process at once.
To do so,
- Open the folder.
- Press Ctrl or Shift button and hold.
- Use your mouse to hit a file that you want to select.
- Once the selection part is completed, right-click on the selected files and click on the Remove button to delete the files.
- Remember, clicking on the Remove button on Google Drive doesn’t mean that you’re done with deleting them. Rather, the removing files will be stored in the Trash folder. You have to go to that folder to delete them permanently.
Using Mouse to Select Multiple Files on Google Drive:
Did you know that you can select files only using your mouse? You can use your mouse instead of getting help from a keyboard. Here’s how to use the method.
- Open a browser and log into your Google Drive account by providing the right Gmail address and password for the account.
- Once you’re in Google Drive, go to that folder where you want to select multiple files via your mouse.
- Drag the cursor over the files you wish to select at once. The more area you drag the mouse cursor, the more files you’ll be able to select at once.
Articles Related to Google Drive:
- How To Edit A Shared Document In Google Drive
- How To Get Unlimited Google Drive Storage
- Upload Photos In Google Drive
- How Can I Identify Duplicate Files In Google Drive
All the shared methods on how to select multiple files in Google Drive will show you the same result. To get the result, you can follow one of the mentioned ways.
However, when it comes to knowing the easiest method to do that, we’ll suggest you use your mouse and drag your file area to select files. This will save you a lot of time.
Not only that, but also you can skip selecting a particular file by pressing the Ctrl or Shift button after selecting a lot of files by using your mouse. Ctrl + A will also do its best to select files rapidly in Google Drive.