Uploading photos in Google Drive from Gallery means you’re going to back up the photos in a safe space as Google is a trusted service provider worldwide.
If you’re searching for a guide on how do I upload photos in Google Drive from Gallery, this post can help you because I have shared the guide step by step by using screenshots.
The article will also help you to safely backup your important photos and other files in a safe place to use them in the future.
Let’s drive into the main content!
How Do I Upload Photos In Google Drive From Gallery?
Remember, you can use your iPhone or Android phone to upload and store photos in your Google Drive. So no matter which device you have, the process is almost the same.
For this guide, we’ll share details from an android phone, like the number of android users is more than iPhone users based on the current status.
Before you start following the guide, what you need to make sure is (If possible to you):
- You have to use a good internet connection for rapid uploading to complete the process within a few moments.
- Uploading photos in Google Drive can be done using the android app or via a browser like Google Chrome. However, uploading from the app will be easier than using a browser to do the same thing.
- If your photo size, width, height are more than standard, try to compress the size using an app like the Photo Compress. The app will allow you to upload your photo, and your photo will be compressed into less file size, and in the end, when you upload the same photo in Google Drive, it will save your internet bandwidth and the overall uploading time.
- Try to resize the sizes of your photos. Look, you don’t need to store a large-sized photo which will consume a lot of space. You can resize the size with the help of an online tool like Picresize or an app like Photo and Picture Resizer.
- Ensure the Gmail address you’re using now on your phone and the account you’ll use to upload the photos are the same. This will ensure that you will upload the photo from your Gallery in the right account to access them later.
Keep the mentioned words in mind before you get ready to start uploading the photos from your android phone’s Gallery.
How Do I Store or Upload Pictures In Google Drive From Gallery?
The first requirement of uploading photos in your Google Drive account from your Gallery is to download the Google Drive app and log into your account or access your account through a web browser.
In addition to using the app or a browser, you can upload photos automatically from your Google Photo gallery if you’ve enabled the auto backup feature in your Google Photo setting.
If you’re not logged into Google Photo yet, the first thing you’ll need to do is open the app and select your Gmail address which will be used as a primary Gamil for your account.
- After that, the system will show you that your backup is turned off as soon as you open the app.
- Click on the “Turn on Backup” button.
- Select Storage Saver to save data while uploading the photo. If you select “Original quality,” the photo will be uploaded with the original file size.
- Click on the confirm button. Your Google Drive backup system is now turned on. From now, when you capture a photo, the photo will be automatically uploaded into your account.
- You can also manually select your previously captured photos to upload them into your account.
- To upload previously captured photos, go to that folder and enable the backup system for the folder by turning the switch button on the right side.
This was the process of uploading the photos from the Google Photo app on your android phone. This is the authentic and easiest way to upload a photo to your Google Drive account from your phone.
Once you turn on the automatic backup feature from the app, you don’t have to worry about uploading photos manually, as Google will automatically upload all the captured photos in real-time if the internet is connected.
Let’s show you how to upload photos directly from your phones’ Gallery to your Drive account.
- Download the Google Drive app from the Google Play Store, and log into the account.
- After login, you’ll be able to see all your saved files in the Drive. Since you want to upload photos from your Gallery, you have to select the + icon and then “Upload.”
- It will take you into the local area of your mobile. From there, you can pick the Gallery to see all your photos and select to upload.
All you need to do is select as many photos as you wish to upload at the same time in your account. However, if you’re currently using your mobile data, please check the balance and start again.
If you’re using an unlimited internet plan or wifi, you can continue uploading a lot of photos simultaneously as there is no limitation of consuming data.
You have to wait a few moments during the uploading process. The lower the internet speed and mobile RAM performance, the more time it will take to upload the selected photos in Google Drive.
So ensuring a good internet connection and a good smartphone will help you complete the process quickly.
How to Upload Photos in Google Drive From Gallery Via Browser?
Uploading photos in your Google Drive via a web browser might be a little complex. However, following the step-by-step guide will ensure an easy process.
- Open your favorite browser. Google Chrome will be the best for such a job.
- Type Google Drive to find the website or directly follow the link (drive.google.com).
- After logging into your account, click on the three-dots icon and hit your finger on the “View Desktop Version” button to view the same page in a desktop view. This will allow you to upload files and photos from the page.
- Now, click on the “New” button.
- The action will ask you to allow connect sharing from the page. Click on Allow.
- Select a file to select photos from your mobile.
- It will take you into your local folder. Select Gallery to upload photos from your phones’ Gallery.
After selecting photos, click on the done button to upload the selected photos to your account. The process will depend on your net speed.
- How To Get Unlimited Google Drive Storage
- How To Edit A Shared Document In Google Drive?
- How to Recover Contacts from Google Drive
How Do I Move Pictures From My Gallery To Google Drive?
There is no way to move pictures from Gallery to your Google Drive. Instead, you can upload or store the same pictures on your Google Drive and delete the photos from your Gallery.
There are many ways you can follow the upload photos on your Drive. Using the app and Google photo are the primary ways to do that.
Apart from these, you can also use your favorite browser and log into your account after going to drive.google.com, and upload as many photos as you want from your phones’ Gallery.
No matter which method you’re going to follow. Make sure you’re going to upload the photos with the Storage Saver mode if you’re uploading photos from Google Photo.
On the other hand, if you would like to do the same thing via a browser, try to resize image sizes and file sizes so that you can save a lot of data and your Drive space.
How Do I Connect My Gallery To Google Photos?
Are you using an additional Gallery app on your phone and want to connect the app to your Google Photos app?
It will only be possible if the additional app you’re using supports the feature. You have to check the apps’ features to know about the additional support for Google Drive.
To check the features, you can visit the official website of the Gallery app you’re currently using to manage your photos.
If you have, you’ll find the proper documentation on connecting the app to your Google Photos app. However, we think you don’t need to use any additional apps to connect to Google Photos.
Because you can do many things in Google Photos like editing photos, zoom in and out, different viewing styles, and so on.
Is Gallery The Same As Google Photos?
The term “Gallery” refers to a place where you can showcase your files, documents, photos, etc., while Google Photos does the same thing.
Ultimately, Google Photos is considered a Gallery where you can showcase your media. The issue is with the name only.
Do I Need Both Gallery And Google Photos?
There is no need to have both apps on your phone to save your phones’ space. Google Photos and a Gallery app do the same thing. Both of them will help you to manage your media.
Some additional gallery apps might offer you more options and features than Google Photos. However, not much.
Will Deleting Photos From Gallery Delete From Google Photos?
If Google took a backup of the deleted photo before you deleted the same photo from another Gallery app instead of Google Photos, your photo would not be deleted from your Google Photos app.
To ensure a safe photo deleting, it is always a good idea to enable the auto backup feature on your Google Photos so that when you take a photo, Google will automatically take backup of the photo when you connect your phone to the internet.
Why Do I Have A Gallery And Google Photos?
Google Photos is a Google-powered app that you can find by default with your android phone when buying it. On the other hand, you can find an additional Gallery app if the phone manufacturer provides it by default.
There is always an option to disable or uninstall the app if you don’t need it. We’ll highly suggest you keep Google Photos on your mobile instead of keeping any additional Gallery app.
Are Google Photos stored on Google Drive?
Google Photos is the official app from Google Drive, and the same app is connected to your Drive account if you log into your account using the same Gmail address.
When you upload anything on your Google Photos app from your phone, the files can be found on your Google Drive account. You can access your account from anywhere and on any device.
Answering the question of How Do I Upload Photos In Google Drive From Gallery was quite easy as there is no need to know about any technical things while completing the process.
We hope you have enjoyed the entire post, and now you can upload media or photos from your Gallery in your Google Drive account. You can follow any of the shared methods while uploading photos.