If you’re a fan of the file-sharing app Snapdrop, you may have noticed that it’s not working as of late, and that’s where the question of why Snapdrop is not working comes in.
Some people encounter this issue temporarily, while some permanently. However, the good news is that there are a few possible explanations for this.
It could be that the servers are down, or there may be a problem with your internet connection. Alternatively, Snapdrop may not be compatible with your device.
Why Snapdrop is Not Working?
As mentioned, a few ways can be followed to solve why this popular file-sharing platform isn’t working right now. In any case, here are some potential solutions to get Snapdrop up and running again.
- Make sure that the app is up to date by opening the App Store and checking for updates.
- Next, try restarting your device.
- If that doesn’t work, try resetting your network settings by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Finally, if you’re still having trouble, contact Snapdrop support for help.
How Do You Get Snapdrop to Work?
If you’re looking for an easy way to share files between your Mac and iOS devices, Snapdrop is a great option. Here’s how to get it up and running. First, download the Snapdrop app on your Mac from the App Store.
Once it’s installed, open the app and click the “Enable” button in the top-right corner. This will turn on Snapdrop’s web server so that your devices can connect to it.
Next, open Safari on your iPhone or iPad and navigate to https://snapdrop.net/.
You should see a page that looks like this: Tap the “Connect” button, then select your Mac from the list of available devices.
Once connected, you’ll be able to drag and drop files from your Mac into the Safari window on your iOS device (or vice versa).
Is Snapdrop Safe to Use?
How Do I Transfer Files from Snapdrop?
Assuming you would like a step-by-step guide on how to use Snapdrop:
- Go to the website: https://snapdrop.net/
- Choose whether you want to send or receive files
- If you are sending, click on the “send” button and drag the file(s) into the browser window that appears. The recipient will need to have the page open in order for the transfer to work.
- If you are receiving, click on the “receive” button and give the sender your unique URL so they can send you the file(s).
Snapdrop Not Working on iPhone – The Solution
If you’re having trouble using Snapdrop with your iPhone, there are a few things you can check to try and fix the issue.
- Make sure that both devices are connected to the same wireless network. If they’re not, Snapdrop won’t be able to connect them.
- Try restarting both devices. This will often clear up any minor connection issues. If those two things don’t work, the next step is to make sure that Snapdrop is allowed to use your iPhone’s microphone. To do this, go to Settings > Privacy > Microphone on your iPhone and make sure that the switch next to Snapdrop is turned on.
- If you’re still having trouble connecting, it’s possible that there’s an issue with the Snapdrop server itself. In this case, the best thing to do is wait a little while and try again later.
Snapdrop Not Detecting Issue Solved!
If you’re using Snapdrop and having trouble getting it to detect devices, you should make sure that both devices are on the same Wi-Fi network. If they’re not, Snapdrop won’t be able to see the other device.
In addition to following the above method, also try restarting both devices. Sometimes this is all it takes to get Snapdrop up and running again. If that doesn’t work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app on both devices.
This will allow Snapdrop to detect devices even if they’re not on the same Wi-Fi network. Hopefully, one of these solutions will get Snapdrop working again so you can share files between your devices with ease!
It’s a normal question “Why Snapdrop is Not Working?” for people who are using the service and facing issues when trying to connect two devices or sending files.
No need to follow more than three methods because most people follow the common methods when a service like Snapdrop doesn’t work properly.
Our guide should give you the chance to overcome the issues and also help you to find the exact reason behind the problem.