If you’re using an iPhone, you may have noticed that Instagram links are now opening in Safari instead of the Instagram app. This is because Apple now requires all apps that use third-party login services to also support Sign in with Apple.
Unfortunately, Instagram does not currently support Sign in with Apple, so they are losing access to the built-in web view on iOS devices.
Follow the tips below and try to solve the issue:
Why Are Instagram Links Opening In Safari?
- You may don’t have the Instagram app installed on your device.
- You may have an older version of the app installed and need to update it.
- it could be that your device’s settings are configured to open links in Safari by default.
Regardless of the reason, there’s a simple fix: just hold down on the link and select “Open in Instagram” from the menu that pops up if you have the app installed.
Why are Links Opening in Safari Instead of the App?
If you’re opening a link in an app and it’s opening in Safari instead, Here are some potential causes and solutions:
- The app doesn’t support the type of link you’re trying to open. For example, if you’re trying to open a PDF in an app that doesn’t support PDFs, it will likely open in Safari instead. To fix this, try finding an app that does support the type of file you’re trying to open.
- You don’t have the correct app installed on your device. For example, if you’re trying to open a link to an Instagram post but don’t have the Instagram app installed, it will open in Safari instead. To fix this, make sure you have the necessary apps installed on your device before trying to open links.
- There’s something wrong with the link itself. This is less common, but sometimes links can get corrupted or point to the wrong place entirely.
If you think this might be the case, try opening the link in Safari directly (by tapping on it and then selecting “Open in Safari” from the menu that appears).
If it still doesn’t work, there may not be anything you can do except reach out to the person or organization who created the link and let them know there’s a problem with it.
How Do I Get Instagram Links to Open in Chrome?
If you’re using an iPhone or Android phone, the process for opening links in Chrome is a little different. you have to make sure that your device’s default browser is Google Chrome to open any random link. it could be an Instagram or any other link.
- Why Did I Lose All My Bookmarks in Chrome?
- How to Bookmark a Specific Part of a Page?
- How to Get Icons for Bookmarks?
Why don’t Instagram Links Open in the App?
If you’re an avid Instagram user, you’ve probably noticed that when you click on a link in someone’s bio, it doesn’t open in the app. Instead, it opens in your web browser.
This can be frustrating, especially if you’re trying to view a website on your phone and don’t have a good data connection.
There are a few reasons why Instagram links don’t open in the app. let’s know the reasons!
Instagram is primarily a mobile app and most of its users access it on their phones. Second, opening links in the app would require users to grant Instagram permission to access their device’s storage and other data.
And third, opening links in the app could slow down the app and drain battery life. So why do some apps like Twitter and Facebook allow users to open links within the app? The main reason is that those apps are designed for both desktop and mobile use.
They also have more robust permissions systems that make it possible to safely open links within the app without affecting performance or privacy.
Overall, it makes sense that Instagram doesn’t allow links to be opened in-app. It would be unnecessary for most users and could potentially cause problems with the app’s performance.
If you’ve been wondering why your Instagram links have been opening in Safari instead of your default browser, you’re not alone. A recent change to the way iOS handles web views has caused this problem for many users. Try to follow the tips above and solve the issue yourself!