As a MAC user, you may have the Lockdown browser installed on your MAC device, but How To Delete Lockdown Browser From MAC?
In this article, you’ll see the process of removing the Lockdown browser from your MAC device.
At the end of the article, I’ve shared some tips on safely uninstalling the browser from your device.
Shortly: Open your MAC > look at the lockdown browser >
What is Lockdown Browser?
Lockdown Browser is a useful tool that can help to ensure the academic integrity of online exams.
It locks down the testing environment within a web browser so that students can only access the exam and nothing else.
However, it is not perfect and should be used in conjunction with other measures, such as proctoring, to ensure the best possible results.
How Do I Uninstall Lockdown Browser On MAC?
Before removing or uninstalling the Lockdown browser from your MAC computer, you have to consider the following things:
- Close all applications and windows that are currently open on your MAC device.
- Click on the Finder icon.
- Click on the Applications option in the sidebar.
- Locate Lockdown Browser in the list of applications and click on it.
- Drag the Lockdown Browser icon to the Trash.
- Empty the Trash.
Note: The process of uninstalling the Lockdown browser from MAC can take a few minutes, so please be patient. Once the Lockdown browser is uninstalled, you will need to restart your MAC.
Can I Use The Lockdown Browser On MAC?
Lockdown Browser is a special browser that locks down the testing environment for assessments in Blackboard Learn.
If you’re using a Mac, you can use the built-in Safari browser or another supported browser.
If you’re using a Mac and you need to disable Respondus LockDown Browser, follow these steps:
- Best Browser For Downloading Large Files
- Best Browser For Discord
- Brave Browser Not Working On Android
- Does Browser History Slow Computer?
- How To Remove Wave Browser From Windows 10?
- Best Browser For Forge Of Empires
How Do I Turn Off Respondus Lockdown Browser On Mac?
- Open the Respondus LockDown Browser application.
- Click on the “Preferences” button in the top menu bar.
- In the preferences window, click on the “General” tab.
- Uncheck the “Enable LockDown Browser” option.
- Click on the “OK” button to save your changes and close the preferences window.
Does Lockdown Browser Automatically Record You?
Yes, the Lockdown browser will automatically record the student’s screen and webcam during the exam, and this is how the browser works.
This means that the invigilator can see what the student was doing on their screen during the exam, as well as what the student looked like through the webcam.
The lockdown browser also has the option for the invigilator to listen in on the student’s audio.
While the idea of being recorded during an exam may be daunting, it is important to remember that the invigilator is only there to make sure that the exam is being taken fairly.
Does Lockdown Browser Record Your Screen?
it is possible for it to record your screen as the browser is specially made for online exams and monitors everything.
However, the lockdown browser does not automatically record your screen. If you want the lockdown browser to record your screen, you will need to enable this feature in the settings.